Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bike Adventures and Goodbye Parties

Four days to go, and I have more good news! I have officially paid my initial fees to the school, and I have all the money I need to travel to Wisconsin! Above that, I have $300, which will help pay for textbooks, student insurance, etc. It's not quite enough, but I know God will provide. He has already done so much; how can I doubt!

Yesterday morning, though, I took a break from school plans. I took my siblings Gideon (8) and Japhia (4) to a local park for a 'bike adventure'. It had rained the night before, and was still sprinkling, but that didn't stop us! We rode around for about twenty minutes, then stopped for a picnic breakfast. After that we sailed our pirate ship (the playground tower) to an uncharted island that we explored (on our bikes)! We finally found a small boat (my van) and sailed back to our home port, but not before vanquishing many enemies and vicious monsters.

That evening I spent several hours with four of my friends at a sort of unofficial goodbye party, and then went on to a birthday party where I said goodbye to most of my home school friends.

Today was my last Sunday at my church, Eastside Community (www.eastsidecommunity.com), and it was so neat to be able to see everyone one last time before I leave! Now I am at lunch with the whole Burnham family at my Aunt Gracia's house, which is a goodbye for both me and my cousin, Ben Spicer (who is also leaving for another college in Wisconsin on the 24th).

My next four days are completely booked; I am working, packing, and seeing friends one last time before I ship out EARLY Thursday morning. Thanks to everyone who is praying for me; I will definitely need God's strength to make it through next week!

--If you would like to contact me, you can send me an email, a letter, or comment on one of the posts on this blog. At the bottom of each post is a link that says something like '0 comments'. Clicking on this will take you to a page where you can leave a comment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment