Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day Zero

I have arrived! Three hours ago, I unpacked into my dorm room at NTBI, which I will be sharing with five other girls this semester. I am so excited I can barely sit still!

My last week of work ended on Tuesday (actually about 3 Wednesday morning), and Wednesday (yesterday), I slept in, then finished packing. Then evening, My family and I celebrated my youngest sister Japhia's birthday! She turns five today, but wanted to have her party before I left for school. Our friends the Cotas came over for the party, so I got to spend one last evening with my best friend, Olivia.

This morning (Thursday) I woke up at four and got ready to go to the airport. The car was loaded, with: Me, My mom, My dad, My sisters Kara and Japhia, My brother Gideon, My two suitcases, and my stuffed Panda, Danny! (The picture is me and Danny waiting for liftoff from Memphis) My flights went wonderfully, and when we broke through the cloud cover above Wichita, I saw the most gorgeous sunrise! I switched planes in Memphis, and things went so well once I got to Milwaukee that I was ready to go 15 minutes before my ride arrived to pick me up!

And now for the best part: a financial update! I paid all my initial fees, and I almost have enough to make my first month's payment! God never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment